Daniel Smith Died of Drug Overdose
Pathologist Cyril Wecht has revealed to PEOPLE magazine that Anna Nicole's son Daniel Smith died from a lethal combination of methadone and the antidepressants Zoloft and Lexapro.
Wecht said the drugs caused the cardiac dysrhythmia that led to Daniel's death. Wecht got the toxicology results from National Medical Services in Willow Grove, Pa., today.
Methadone is commonly given to heroin addicts to help them beat their addiction. However, it is also being increasingly prescribed to treat chronic pain.